What type of barcode do I need for Turkey?
EAN barcodes are the best type of barcode to use in Turkey.
Most products in Turkish retail stores use EAN barcodes (also called EAN-13 barcodes). If you are selling your product in Turkey only, or in multiple countries, then we recommend putting EAN-13 barcodes on your products because they are the most common type of retail barcode used in Turkey as well as worldwide.
If you’re not sure which kind of barcode you need for your product, our quick rule of thumb is as follows:
Selling in Turkey or worldwide = EAN-13
Selling in the USA or Canada = UPC-A
What you’ll receive:
- Quick and easy barcode service!
- One-off payment (no renewal or annual fees)
- Instant delivery of your EAN or UPC barcode numbers (GTINs) and images by email after you make payment.
- Globally unique GS1 origin barcode numbers are suitable for use on retail products in Turkey and worldwide.
- High-quality barcode images generated in several formats
- Certificate of GTIN assignment (proof of GTIN ownership).
- Free product registration on International Barcodes Database and also on IBNREG (International Barcodes Network Registry).
Our EAN barcodes are suitable for use on products made in Turkey or sold in Turkey. They can also be used internationally.
How many barcodes do I need?
You need a different barcode number for each different retail product and product variation (e.g. size or colour). For example, if you are selling a t-shirt in 3 different colours and 3 different sizes, then you would need 9 barcode numbers.
How to use your barcodes on your retail products:
- When you receive your barcodes by email, you can choose which barcode number to assign to which product.
- Apply the barcode image to your product label or packaging. You can resize the barcode image, but make sure it is at least 20mm high x 30mm wide (this is the minimum recommended size).
- Give your retailer a list of your barcode numbers & the product details associated with them (including the price). Your retailer may ask you to complete some product information forms.
- Your retailer will connect the barcode number & product details together in their inventory system. After that, when your barcode is scanned the correct product details and price will appear on the retailer’s system.
- You may also want to register your barcode on International Barcodes Database and also on IBNREG (International Barcodes Network Registry). This is optional but increases the profile of your products on the internet. Instructions for how to register your barcodes will be in your barcode order email.